We know you are busy and saving time and money is very important. That's why we offer the latest technology in convenience. Download our FREE mobile apps and enjoy the freedom of banking on your time, you can even deposit a cheque right from your smartphone.
Opening a youth account at East Coast Credit Union not only means that you're on your way to taking responsibility for your own money, but you're learning about day-to-day banking and the benefits of saving. Your Youth Account is designed to help you build your money management skills as you start earning your own money.
Maybe you are heading to post-secondary and need extra financial support? We offer Student Lines of Credit and Student Mastercards. Find out more by visiting our Student page.
Benefits of a Youth Account:
- Free package available.
- Earn money on your accounts with interest calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Funds are easily accessible.
- Convenient 24-hour ATM access.
- Online banking services with MemberDirect, including e-statements!
- Mobile Banking: With mobile banking, the key functions of our online banking service are in the palm of your hand. You'll have your account information anytime, anywhere. Mobile Banking is simple and safe to use with your mobile phone. Learn more...
- Voting privileges begin at 19 years of age.
Take advantage of the "YOUR Chequing 40" package. This package, valued at $11.95 per month is FREE for youth age 24 and under. Or for more extensive coverage, you can benefit from the "Chequing Transactions Unlimited - Basic" package for just $3.00.
We also offer the following products and services to our youth: Download a copy of our Youth and Student Solutions brochure for more information.
At East Coast Credit Union you are an owner. What does that mean?
When you are a member of a credit union, you own part of the business. Each member has the ability to have a say in how the Credit Union operates. How can I do this, you ask? If you are 19 years of age, you can vote at our Annual General Meetings on important banking decisions that affect you. Not 19 yet? Well, you can voice your opinion and influence youth programs by joining our youth committee. Ask your branch representative how you can get involved.
Prepare for your children’s pursuit of a higher education.