Freedom is depositing a cheque with Deposit Anywhere™.
Free Yourself. Deposit a cheque just by taking a photo of it with the mobile banking app.
For us, freedom is ensuring you have more time to enjoy life's moments. What those moments are and what freedom represents for you is as unique as you are.
Imagine getting ready to paddle off on a lakeside adventure and you realize you didn't deposit the cheque on your way through town. That's the kind of convenience offered by Deposit Anywhere™, a special feature available with our mobile banking app.
Not yet signed up for mobile banking? Download the app today by visiting eastcoast.CUapp.ca and get set up in minutes. Don't miss out on discovereing what freedom is for you.
Now you can deposit cheques quickly and securely from your iPhone or Android device through our Mobile Banking App.
How Deposit Anywhere™ works:
- Log in to the mobile banking app
- Select Deposit from the Welcome Menu screen
- Click the Get Started button
- Enter your deposit details (account and cheque amount)
- Take a photo of the front and back of the cheque
- Select Submit
- Confirm the details to deposit the cheque
- You're done! The funds will be deposited into your account as soon as the cheque is cleared.
Check out the tutorial video to learn more about Deposit Anywhere:
What do I need?
- A credit union account
- Online banking access
- A mobile device: iOS (iPhone, iPod, or iPad) or Android™
- Your credit union mobile banking app
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Deposit Anywhere™?
Based on Mobile Remote Data Capture (RDC) technology, Deposit Anywhere is a new feature on the East Coast Credit Union Mobile Banking App that will allow you to conveniently, quickly and securely deposit Canadian cheques on your iPhone or Android Device.
What mobile devices is Deposit Anywhere available on?
Deposit Anywhere is currently available for our mobile banking app on Apple and Android devices.
Who can use Deposit Anywhere?
This feature can only be used by our members with online banking, who have downloaded the East Coast Credit Union Mobile Banking App. It can be used for deposits into your savings or chequing accounts. This feature is not yet available to our commercial members.
How does it work?
Deposit Anywhere is easy to use. Simply open the app, tap “deposits,” select your account, enter the amount and take a picture of the front and back of your cheque. Confirm the details and submit. That’s it. The funds immediately appear in your account, subject to normal hold periods.
After depositing a cheque with Deposit Anywhere, do I have access to my funds right away?
Similar to deposits at an ATM or in the branch, funds immediately appear in your account with availability subject to normal hold periods.
Do I have to mail in the physical cheque after I use Deposit Anywhere?
No, you do not need to send us the cheque, but you are required to keep your cheque for 90 days after which it must be destroyed.
Is there a cost to use Deposit Anywhere?
No, Deposit Anywhere is free.
Is there a maximum dollar amount that I can deposit daily?
No, there is no daily deposit limit.
Is there a limit on the number of cheques that can be deposited using the service?
No, there is no limit to how many cheques you can deposit using this app.
What if I take a bad picture of the cheque?
Central 1’s Mobile Remote Data Capture solution performs over 30 image quality assurance tests on each picture submitted to ensure that the image is accurate and that each field can be read. If the image does not meet all the criteria, the deposit transaction fails and you will be asked to take a new picture.
What happens if the same cheque is deposited twice?
An item is considered a duplicate when two items have the same cheque number, account, transit and amount. There are two main ways that a duplicate cheque would be detected:
- The Deposit Anywhere feature has technology in place to detect duplicate cheques from being deposited through the East Coast Credit Union Mobile Banking App. If you accidentally try to deposit the same cheque through the app, you will receive an error notification that the cheque has already been deposited.
- There is a central clearing system for all cheques that are deposited into financial institutions. If a cheque is deposited into an ATM or at another financial institution after already being deposited through the East Coast Credit Union Mobile Banking App, the duplicate cheque will be detected through the central clearing system processing, and a Duplicate Payment fee would be incurred by the member.
- To avoid incurring any Duplicate Payment fees, it is recommended that all members maintain a system to keep track of which cheques they have deposited through Deposit Anywhere.
Can Deposit Anywhere be used in the US?
Deposit Anywhere is available for download only in Canada. Once it has been downloaded, you can use it anywhere in the world.
Can I deposit a foreign currency cheque using Deposit Anywhere?
Deposit Anywhere can only deposit Canadian cheques including:
- Regular Canadian dollar personal cheques
- Government of Canada cheques
- Money orders
- Bank drafts
- Convenience cheques
- Certified cheques
Is there a risk of fraud with Deposit Anywhere?
With Deposit Anywhere there are no additional security concerns beyond those currently associated with physical cheque deposits. Additionally, Deposit Anywhere meets the same high standards as East Coast Credit Union's mobile and online banking services.
I’m having problems with Deposit Anywhere, who do I contact?
If you are having any difficulty using our Deposit Anywhere technology, please contact us.