Eco Line of Credit
Eco Loans are available to our customer owners at preferred rates to promote purchasing of sustainable and energy-efficient products that help save money and protect the environment. East Coast Credit Union has made a committment to look at our day to day business practices in an effort to reduce our ecologocial footprint and our Eco Line of Credit Program is our way of extending our commitment to our members so that you too can reduce your impact on the environment.
- Carry ENERGY STAR logo* or recognized by Natural Resources Canada, Office of Energy Efficiency
- Rainwater storage tanks
- Grey-water treatment systems
- Solar thermal or geo-thermal system to space or water heating
- Energy efficient glazing and awnings
- Insulation for attics, wall or basements
- Recommendations in a home energy evaluation by a recognized advisor.
Upgrades to heating systems to make them more efficient - The installation of heating pumps is eligible for the Eco Line of Credit Special Rate.
To read more about the benefits of heat pumps visit:
- Interest rate is prime+1
- Line of credit amounts ranging from $3,000 - $50,000
- Amortization up to 5 years
Plus: We want to help you reduce your environmental footprint at home. East Coast Credit Union will offer you a rebate of $50 towards a Home Energy evaluation with an approved Eco Line of Credit.**
**Home Energy audits must be completed within a year of the eco line of credit approved application and a copy of the audit receipt will be required.
For a listing of qualified home energy auditing organizations visit www.efficiencyns.ca