Online Security Guarantee
In the unlikely event you experience a loss resulting from a transaction through an online banking, that you did not authorize, we offer an Online Banking Security Guarantee for account losses provided you have met your security responsibilities.
How we protect you:
We've made a commitment to keep your online transactions as safe as possible. The safeguards we’ve put in place to protect the security, privacy and integrity of your information during transactions include:
- Secure firewalls help prevent unauthorized access.
- Data encryption to help ensure that your information is safe and secure.
- Around-the-clock monitoring to maintain the quality of our systems and proactively help identify unusual member account activity.
But we can't do it alone (your security responsibilities)
You are automatically covered by the Online Banking Security Guarantee provided you meet your security responsibilities in the member agreements you have with us.
The following documents address your responsibilities, and procedures for addressing unauthorized transactions:
- Personal Direct Services Agreement
- Small Business Direct Services Agreement
- Standard Terms and Conditions
You play a vital role in protecting your security when using online banking on a computer, mobile device or tablet. While we implement safeguards to protect the security, privacy and integrity of your information, there are important safeguards that you should take to help protect your information and prevent loss:
- You must maintain the care, control and confidentiality of your user name(s) and password(s) that you use to access your accounts.
- User name includes your account number, personal image etc.
- Personal Access Code includes the passwords created to access your online banking account(s), answers to security questions created to access your computer, mobile device or tablet.
- Ensure your browser and operating systems are up to date. Software updates often contain fixes to make software more secure.
You should not provide personal information while using public WiFi as the WiFi connection may not be secure.
Use Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware programs to help protect your computer, mobile device or tablet.
Only install software from reputable companies and only install mobile applications from your mobile device's or tablet’s app store.
This is important:
We are not responsible for losses resulting from your failure to meet your security responsibilities. For example, where you:
voluntarily disclose your account number or personal access code.
carelessly or improperly handle, store or disclose your account number or personal access code.
fail to call us immediately or immediately visit us at any branch in the event of the following:
loss, theft, misuse or compromise of your account number, personal access code, mobile device or tablet
if you suspect unauthorized activity has occurred in your account(s).
Be sure to check your account(s) on a regular basis to verify that you authorized the transactions that are shown. This can be done through statements you receive online or by mail, or by checking your transaction information.
We’re always here to help
If you think there has been inappropriate activity in your account, you must notify us immediately at 1-877-436-2333 or email@example.com. Please ensure that when you contact us, if it is by email, you only send contact information and a brief description of the issue. Please do not include account numbers. We will follow up with you to determine the details of the activity and to fully investigate the matter.